|Tool||Part Number||Part Name||Qty|
Contact with high pressure fuel may cause fluid penetration and burn hazards. High pressure fuel spray may cause a fire hazard. Failure to follow these inspection, maintenance and service instructions may cause personal injury or death.
Ensure that all adjustments and repairs that are carried out to the fuel system are performed by authorised personnel that have the correct training.
Before begining ANY work on the fuel system, refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "General Hazard Information and High Pressure Fuel Lines" for safety information.
Refer to System Operation, Testing and Adjusting, "Cleanliness of Fuel System Components" for detailed information on the standards of cleanliness that must be observed during ALL work on the fuel system.
- If the engine is equipped with a cover over the fuel system this will need to be removed.
- Slide locking tab (1) into the unlocked position.
- Disconnect harness assembly (2) from fuel pressure sensor (3).
- Place a suitable container below fuel pressure sensor (3) in order to catch any fuel that might be spilled.
Note: Clean up any spillage of fuel immediately.
- Use a deep socket to remove fuel pressure sensor (3) from the fuel manifold.
- Use Tooling (A) in order to remove sealing washer (4) from the fuel manifold.
Note: Ensure that no debris enters the fuel manifold during the removal of the sealing washer.
- Plug the open port in the fuel manifold immediately with a new plug.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
- Position a new sealing washer (4) on fuel pressure sensor (3).
- Remove the plug from the fuel manifold.
- Use a deep socket to install fuel pressure sensor (3) to the fuel manifold. Tighten the fuel pressure sensor to a torque of
34 N·m (25 lb ft).
- Connect harness assembly (2) to fuel pressure sensor (3).
- Slide locking tab (1) into the locked position.
- Remove the air from the fuel system. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Fuel System - Prime".
- If the engine is equipped with a cover over the fuel system this will need to be installed.