Remove And Install Wheel
1. Jack up wheel end of vehicle just enough so the tire clears the ground.
Do not attempt to perform any type of service on the wheel end of the axle with the vehicle supported by jacks only.
2. Support the axle in this position by using a jack stand or other suitable fixture, and remove the jack.
3. Fasten a lifting device to the wheel (1) and remove the nuts (2) that hold the wheel to the hub and drum assembly.
4. Remove the wheel from the hub, and move it away from the machine.
NOTE: The following steps are for installation of the wheel.
5. Using a lifting device, put wheel (1) into position on the studs of hub and drum assembly.
6. Install the nuts (2) and tighten evenly to specified torque.
7. Jack up the axle just enough to clear the jack stand or other fixture used to support the machine, and remove the support.
8. Lower the jack until the tire is again supporting the machine, and remove the jack.
Remove And Install Axle
NOTE: The machine will have to be blocked up under the frame for this procedure, not under the axles.
a. remove wheels.
b. remove ground drive axle drive shaft.
1. Disconnect the brake hose (1) and cap or plug the openings.
2. Mark the hydraulic lines for identification at assembly, disconnect the hydraulic lines (2) from the steering cylinders (3) and cap or plug the openings.
Use some method to lock the axle position firmly to the jack before removal of the axle mounting bolts. This axle is not perfectly balanced and any rotation of the axle due to this imbalance could cause the axle to roll off the jack, causing possible injury to personnel or to the axle.
3. Support the axle (4) firmly to a transmission jack or fork jack and remove (from each end) the four nuts and bolts (5) that mount the axle to the machine frame.
4. Lower the axle, and remove the axle, tie rod and steering cylinders as a unit from under the machine.
5. Mark the cylinders for identification at assembly. Remove the pins (6) at each end of the steering cylinders and remove the cylinders from the axle.
NOTE: The following steps are for installation of the axle shaft and universal joint assembly.
6. Position the head end of one of the steering cylinders with the bracket (on rear of differential) between the clevis of the cylinder. Install the pin.
7. Position the rod end of the cylinder between the steering arm clevis on the wheel end of the axle and install the pin (6).
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for the other steering cylinder.
9. Support axle (4) firmly to a jack and move the axle into position under the machine.
10. Carefully raise the axle up against the frame, align the holes and install the four bolts (5) on each axle end. Install and tighten the nuts and lockwashers.
11. Remove the caps or plugs and connect the hydraulic lines (2) to the steering cylinders.
12. Remove the caps or plugs and reconnect the brake line (1).
13. Purge all air from the brake hydraulic system.
a. install ground drive axle drive shaft
b. install wheels