Remove And Install Water Spray System Hydraulic Pump
1. Close the shutoff cock in the hydraulic line between the hydraulic tank and the filter.
2. Mark all the hydraulic lines for identification at installation. Disconnect the four hydraulic lines from the spray system hydraulic pump (1) and immediately plug or cap the openings.
3. Disconnect the control linkage (2) from the pump control arm.
4. Loosen the locknut for belt tightener bolt (3), unscrew the bolt to lower pump mounting bracket (4), and remove drive belts (5) from pump sheave (6).
5. Remove the two setscrews (7) from sheave taper-lock bushing (8).
6. Apply oil to the threads and point of one of the setscrews, and install the setscrew into the hole (11) that was previously vacant (hole that has threads in the bushing only).
7. Tighten the setscrew until sheave (6) is loosened from bushing (8), and remove the bushing, setscrew, sheave and key (9) from the pump shaft (10).
8. Remove the two pump mounting bolts and remove the hydraulic pump (1) from pump mounting bracket.
NOTE: The following steps are for installation of the spray system hydraulic pump.
9. Put hydraulic pump (1) into position on the mounting bracket (4) and install the two mounting bolts.
10. Insert the bushing (8) into the sheave (6), matching the two unthreaded holes of the bushing with the two threaded holes in the sheave hub.
11. Insert the key (9) in the shaft keyway and slide the sheave (6) and bushing (8) onto the pump shaft over the key.
12. Put oil on the threads and points of both setscrews (7) and install them into the threaded holes of the sheave hub.
13. Tighten the setscrews only enough to hold the sheave on the shaft.
14. Install the three drive belts (5) and align the two sheaves. Tighten the setscrews to lock the sheave and the bushing to the pump shaft.
15. Turn the belt tightener bolt (3) to adjust the belt tension, and tighten the locknut (11).
16. Remove the caps or plugs, connect the hydraulic lines back to the pump, but only tighten the motor return line (12) and the case drain line (13) at the front of the pump.
17. Check the oil level in the hydraulic tank and, if necessary, fill to the proper level with the recommended oil.
18. Open the shutoff cock between the hydraulic tank and the filter and, when oil appears at pump inlet connection (14), tighten the connection.
19. Remove the top case drain port plug (15), fill the pump with clean ATF Type F hydraulic oil and install the plug again.
20. Connect the control linkage (2) back to the pump control lever.
21. Start the engine, set the engine speed at low idle and put rotor transmission lever in Neutral position and the spray system control lever at the maximum delivery position.
22. With the pump outlet line (16) still loose, partially engage (feather) the rotor clutch lever just enough to rotate the hydraulic pump until air free oil appears at the loosened output line connection.
23. Stop the engine and tighten pump connection (16).
24. Start the engine again and, with the rotor transmission still in the Neutral position, engage the rotor clutch fully.
25. Increase the engine speed to full throttle and allow the water spray hydraulic pump and motor (with the water spray control valve at the off position) to operate for approximately 2 minutes to purge any air from the system.
26. Disengage the rotor clutch, stop the engine and check the oil level in the hydraulic tank.
Remove And Install Water Spray System Hydraulic Motor
1. Mark the hydraulic lines (1) and (5) for identification at installation, disconnect the lines from the water spray system hydraulic motor (2) and immediately plug or cap the openings.
2. Loosen the setscrew that holds motor shaft coupling (3) to the water spray pump shaft (4).
3. Remove the two motor mounting bolts and pull the hydraulic motor (2) and coupling (3) straight out off the water pump shaft and out of the hole in the mounting bracket.
4. Remove the key from the water pump shaft keyway.
5. Loosen the other setscrew in coupling (3) and remove the coupling and key from the motor shaft.
NOTE: The following steps are for installation of the water spray system hydraulic motor.
6. Position the key and coupling on the motor shaft and tighten the setscrew.
7. Put the other key into the water pump shaft keyway.
8. Position the hydraulic motor (2) and shaft coupling (3) through the hole in the mounting bracket, align the water pump shaft key with the coupling keyway and slide the coupling onto water spray pump shaft (4).
9. Install and tighten the two motor mounting bolts (6).
10. Tighten the setscrew to lock the coupling to the water pump shaft.
11. Remove the caps or plugs from the hydraulic lines and motor, and connect and tighten the return line (5) back to the pump.
12. Fill the motor with clean ATF Type F hydraulic oil through the inlet line opening, then connect and tighten the inlet hydraulic line (1).
Remove And Install Water Spay Pump
NOTE: For this hydraulic motor removal, it is not necessary to disconnect the hydraulic lines at the motor.
a. remove water spray pump hydraulic motor
1. Remove the top cover and side guard (1).
2. Remove motor mounting bracket (2).
3. Unscrew swivel nut (3) and unplug the signal wire connector from bottom of flow analyzer enclosure (4).
4. Remove the tie wraps (5) that hold the signal wire to the handrails, roll the wire up and tape it to the flow meter body.
5. Loosen hose clamp (6) and remove hose and clamp from bottom of spray control valve flange.
6. Remove bolts (7) and (8) from each end of the spray control valve hydraulic cylinder (9), and allow the cylinder to hang free on its hydraulic lines.
7. Remove the two mounting bolts (10) that hold the control valve support bracket to the platform.
8. Fasten a lifting device to the water spray outlet pipe assembly (11) and remove the four nuts (12) from flange at top of water spray pump (13).
NOTE: Be very careful so the magnetic pickup housing on flow meter does not accidentally hit machine when outlet pipe assembly is removed.
9. Carefully remove outlet pipe assembly (11) from the machine and lay it on the ground.
10. Fasten the lifting device to the water spray pump (13), remove the six mounting bolts (14) and carefully remove the pump from the machine.
11. Remove the gasket from the pump flange and clean the gasket surfaces of both flanges.
NOTE: The following steps are for installation of the water spray pump.
12. Using a lifting device, put water spray pump (13) into position on its mounting pad and install the six mounting bolts (14).
13. Put a new gasket into position over the studs on the top flange of the spray pump.
NOTE: Be very careful so the magnetic pickup housing on flow meter does not accidentally hit machine when outlet pipe assembly is installed.
14. Fasten a lifting device to the water spray outlet pipe assembly (11) and carefully position on flange studs at top of water spray pump (13).
15. Align holes of control valve support bracket with platform holes and install the two mounting bolts (10).
16. Install and tighten the four flange nuts (12) to the studs on top of the water spray pump.
17. Put hose on bottom flange of spray control valve and tighten hose clamp (6).
18. Position the spray control valve hydraulic cylinder (9) between its support bracket mounting and spray control valve arm, and install bolts (7) and (8) in each end of the cylinder.
19. Unroll the magnetic pickup signal wire from the flow meter body, plug signal wire connector into the bottom of flow analyzer enclosure (4) and tighten swivel nut (3).
20. Install the tie wraps (5) to hold the signal wire to the handrails.
21. Install motor mounting bracket (2).
22. Install side guard (1) and the top cover.
a. install water spray pump hydraulic motor