|Required Tools    |
|Tool    ||Part Number    ||Part Description    ||Qty    |
|A    ||169-5464    ||Quick Cure Primer    ||1    |
|B    ||5P-3413    ||Pipe Sealant    ||1    |
- Remove the tire and rim. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Tire and Rim - Remove and Install".
- Tilt the cab. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, RENR4838, "Cab - Tilt".
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Note: Put identification marks on all hoses, on all hose assemblies, on all wires, and on all tube assemblies for installation purposes. Plug all hose assemblies and all tube assemblies. This helps to prevent fluid loss, and this helps to keep contaminants from entering the system.
Note: Cleanliness is an important factor. Before you begin the disassembly procedure, the exterior of the components should be thoroughly cleaned. This will help to prevent dirt from entering the internal mechanism. Precision components can be damaged by contaminants or by dirt. Perform disassembly procedures on a clean work surface. Keep components covered and protected at all times.
- Loosen nut (1) .
- Remove nut (2) .
- Move governor cable (3) aside.
- Remove plug (4). Drain the drive chain oil into a suitable container. Apply Tooling (A) to plug (4). Apply Tooling (B) to plug (4). Install plug (4) .
- Remove bolts (5) .
- Remove cover (6) .
- Remove screws (7). Remove plate (8). Move plate (9) aside.
- Remove bolts (10). Remove plate (11) .
- Remove bolt (12). Remove washer (13) .
- Remove sprocket (14). Remove chain assembly (15) .
- Use a suitable lifting device to support axle assembly (17). Remove nuts (16). Remove axle assembly (17). The weight of the axle assembly is approximately 37 kg (82 lb).
- Remove O-ring seal (18) .
- Repeat Steps 1 through 12 for the other axle assembly.