|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
|B||9S-3263||Thread Lock Compound||-|
At operating temperature, the hydraulic tank is hot and under pressure.
Hot oil and components can cause personal injury. Do not allow hot oil or components to contact skin.
Remove the filler cap only when the engine is stopped, and the filler cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand. Remove the filler cap slowly in order to relieve pressure.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, PERJ1017, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat® products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Install Tooling (A) on the hydraulic tank. Attach hose (1A) to the nipple on Tooling (A) and to an air supply. Apply
276 to 414 kPa (40 to 60 psi)of air. This procedure will pull a vacuum on the hydraulic system.
- Thoroughly clean the tapered shaft and degrease the tapered shaft on the motor.
Illustration 2 g00912926
- Install gear motor (9) on bracket assembly (5). Install bolts (8).
- Apply Tooling (B) to the threads on the shaft.
Illustration 3 g00912929
- Install fan spider assembly (7). Install nut (6). Tighten nut 6 to a torque of
85 ± 10 N·m (63 ± 7 lb ft).
- Tap adapter (6A) with a punch and hammer. Again tighten nut (6) to a torque of
85 ± 10 N·m (63 ± 7 lb ft). Illustration 4 g00912924
- Swing bracket assembly (5) toward the machine and install bolts (4).
- Connect hose assemblies (3).
Illustration 5 g00912927
- Install grill assembly (2) and bolts (1).
- Remove Tooling (A).
- Fill the hydraulic tank. The capacity of the hydraulic tank is approximately
55 L (14.5 US gal). Refer to Operation and Maintenance, "Hydraulic Tank Oil - Change" for the correct filling procedure.