- Remove the oil filter base. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Coupling Oil Filter Base - Remove".
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
- Remove bolts (1) in order to remove support (2).
Personal injury can result from parts and/or covers under spring pressure.
Spring force will be released when covers are removed.
Be prepared to hold spring loaded covers as the bolts are loosened.
- Remove bolts (3) in order to remove cover (4) and the gasket.
- Remove spring (7) and plunger (8).
- Remove bolts (5) in order to remove cover assemblies (6) and the gaskets.