|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
- Remove the fuel transfer pump. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Fuel Transfer Pump - Remove".
Note: SERVICE DATA: TOOLING (B) WILL NOT BE IDENTIFIED IN PHOTOGRAPHS IN THE REMOVAL OR THE INSTALLATION. THIS TOOLING IS SHOWN IN ORDER TO ASSIST THE EXPERIENCED SERVICEMAN.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Hot oil and components can cause personal injury.
Do not allow hot oil or components to contact skin.
- Drain the cooling system. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Cooling System Coolant (DEAC) - Change" or Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Cooling System Coolant (ELC) - Change". The capacity of the cooling system is approximately
1192 L (315 US gal). Illustration 1 g00913192
- Remove tube assemblies (1).
Illustration 2 g00913193
- Remove elbow (2) and the O-ring seals from engine oil pump (3).
Illustration 3 g00913194
- Disconnect elbow (4) and the O-ring seal from engine oil pump (3).
Illustration 4 g00913196
- Attach Tooling (A) and a suitable lifting device to engine oil pump (3).
- Remove bolts (5) in order to remove engine oil pump (3). The weight of engine oil pump (3) is approximately
36 kg (80 lb).