|Required Tools    |
|Tool    ||Part Number    ||Part Description    ||Qty    |
|A    ||159-3337    ||Chain Tension Adjuster    ||1    |
- Use a suitable lifting device to raise the machine. Block up the machine.
- Rotate the wheel. Measure the total free play (A) .
Note: The total free play of the arc along the circumference of the tire should not exceed 15 mm (0.6 inch). If the total free play does not exceed 15 mm (0.6 inch) the chain tension does not need further inspection. If the total free play exceeds 15 mm (0.6 inch), continue with the inspection.
- Use a suitable lifting device to support the tire. Remove lug nuts (1) . Remove tire (2) . The weight of the tire is approximately 51 kg (113 lb). Remove bolts (3) . Remove cover (4) .
- Ensure that chain (5) is taut below the sprockets when you are measuring the amount of movement in the chain. If the movement (B) exceeds 40 mm (1.6 inch), the chain tension needs adjustment.
- Loosen bolts (6) .
Illustration 4 g00913626
- Position Tooling (A) .
Illustration 5 g00913627
- Rotate the adjuster counterclockwise in order to tension the chain.
Note: The proper chain tension will be achieved when there is 15 mm (0.6 inch) of movement in the chain.
- Tighten the bolts for the axle housing in the order that is shown above to 160 ± 15 N·m (118 ± 11 lb ft). Torque all nuts again to 160 ± 15 N·m (118 ± 11 lb ft) and turn an additional 60 ± 5° in the same order.
Illustration 6 g00554036
- Remove Tooling (A) .
- Repeat the adjustment procedure for the drive chain on the other side of the machine.
- Use a suitable lifting device to install the tire. The weight of the tire is approximately 51 kg (113 lb). Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, SEBU7468, "Wheel Nuts - Tighten" for the procedure to tighten the lug nuts.
- Repeat Step 1 through Step 5 for the rear of the machine.