|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
|6V-9509||Face Seal Plug||1|
- Remove the fuel priming pump. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Fuel Priming Pump - Remove and Install".
Note: SERVICE DATA: TOOLING (A) WILL NOT BE IDENTIFIED IN PHOTOGRAPHS IN THE REMOVAL OR THE INSTALLATION. THIS TOOLING IS SHOWN IN ORDER TO ASSIST THE EXPERIENCED SERVICEMAN.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Hot engine components can cause injury from burns. Before performing maintenance on the engine, allow the engine and the components to cool.
- Drain the cooling system. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Cooling System Coolant (DEAC) - Change" or Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Cooling System Coolant (ELC) - Change". The capacity of the cooling system is approximately
1192 L (315 US gal). Illustration 1 g00913711
- Remove tube assemblies (1).
Illustration 2 g00913712
- Remove tubes (2).
Illustration 3 g00913714
- Disconnect hose assembly (3) from engine oil cooler (4).
- Cut cable straps (7) and lay harness assembly (6) to the side.
- Remove tube assembly (5) from engine oil cooler (4) and power train oil cooler (8).
Illustration 4 g00913716
- Remove tube assemblies (9) from the engine.
Illustration 5 g00913717
- Remove hose assemblies (10) from engine oil cooler (4).
- Remove tube assembly (11) from the engine.
Illustration 6 g00913719
- Remove elbow (12) and the O-ring seals from engine oil pump (13).
Illustration 7 g00913720
- Remove tube assembly (14) and the O-ring seals from engine oil pump (13).
Illustration 8 g00913721 Illustration 9 g00913722 This view is underneath the engine. Illustration 10 g00913724 This view is on the left side of the engine.
- Remove tube assembly (15) from engine oil cooler (4).
Illustration 11 g00913725
- Attach a suitable lifting device to engine oil cooler (4).
Illustration 12 g00913727 Illustration 13 g00913729
- Remove bolts (16) in order to remove engine oil cooler (4). The weight of engine oil cooler (4) is approximately
82 kg (180 lb).