|Required Tools    |
|Tool    ||Part Number    ||Part Description    ||Qty    |
|A    ||138-7575    ||Link Bracket    ||2    |
|B    ||6V-3145    ||Load Leveling Beam    ||1    |
- Remove the center drive shaft. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Drive Shaft (Center) - Remove and Install".
- Remove the rear drive shaft. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Drive Shaft (Rear) - Remove and Install".
- Remove the cab. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Cab - Remove".
- Remove the hood. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Hood - Remove".
- Remove the fan. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Fan - Remove and Install".
- Remove the refrigerant accumulator. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Refrigerant Accumulator - Remove and Install".
- Remove the steering cylinders in order to provide clearance. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Steering Cylinder - Remove".
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the machine. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide", for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids in AVSpare machines.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Hot oil and hot components can cause personal injury. Do not allow hot oil or hot components to contact skin.
At operating temperature, the engine coolant is hot and under pressure.
Steam can cause personal injury.
Check the coolant level only after the engine has been stopped and the cooling system pressure cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand.
Remove the cooling system pressure cap slowly to relieve pressure.
Cooling system conditioner contains alkali. Avoid contact with the skin and eyes to prevent personal injury.
Personal injury or death can result from lifting a heavy component.
The heavy component can fall if using an incorrect hoist and/or sling or fastener to lift the load.
Be sure the hoist and other devices have the correct lifting capacity to lift a heavy component. The approximate weight of the heavy component is given below.
Note: Put identification marks on all lines, on all hoses, on all wires and on all tubes for installation purposes. Plug all lines, all hoses and all tubes. This will help to prevent fluid loss and this will help to keep contaminants from entering the system.
- Drain the transmission oil into a suitable container. The capacity of the transmission is 59 L (13 US gal).
- Install Tooling (A) and a hoist to door (1). Remove door (1) from both sides of the machine.
- Disconnect tube assembly (2). Separate tube assembly (2) from the engine.
- Remove bolts (3) and panel (4) from the firewall.
- Install Tooling (A) and a hoist to the firewall.
- Disconnect hose assembly (5). Remove clip (6) .
- Disconnect hose assemblies (7) and (8) .
- Disconnect wire assemblies (9) and (10) from the firewall.
- Remove bolts (11) and panel (12) .
- Disconnect wire assemblies (13) from the inside of the firewall. Remove the clips that hold the wire assemblies to the firewall.
- Disconnect any additional wire assemblies from the inside of the firewall.
- Remove bolts (14) .
- Use the hoist to remove the firewall from the machine. The weight of the firewall is approximately 123 kg (270 lb).
- Remove bolts (15) and (16) .
- Disconnect tube assemblies (17) .
- Remove bolt (19) and the clip from tube assembly (18) .
- Remove bolts (20) and tube assembly (18) .
- Remove bolt (21), bolts (22), and bracket (23) from hose assemblies (24) .
- Close both heater valves (25). Disconnect the heater hoses.
- Disconnect wire harness (26) .
- Remove bolt (27) and the clip.
- Disconnect hose assembly (28) .
- Remove bolts (30). Reposition bracket (29) .
- Remove bolts (31). Reposition bracket (32) .
- Disconnect wire assembly (33) .
- Disconnect hose assembly (34) .
- Remove any other hose assemblies, tube assemblies, wire assemblies, brackets, and clips that interfere with the removal procedure.
- Install Tooling (B) and a hoist, as shown.
- Remove bolts (35) .
- Remove bolts (36) .
- Use the hoist to remove the engine, the torque converter, the transmission, and the output transfer gears as a unit. The weight of the engine, the torque converter, the transmission, and the output transfer gears is approximately 2270 kg (5000 lb).