- Remove the engine oil cooler. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Engine Oil Cooler - Remove".
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
- Remove bolts (4) in order to remove elbow (5) from core assembly (1).
- Remove bolts (2) in order to remove bonnet (3) and the gasket from core assembly (1).
Illustration 2 g00913881
- Remove bolts (9) in order to remove cooler bypass valve (8) from core assembly (1).
- Remove bolts (6) in order to remove bonnet (7) and the gasket from core assembly (1).
Illustration 3 g00913883
Personal injury can result from being struck by parts propelled by a released spring force.
Make sure to wear all necessary protective equipment.
Follow the recommended procedure and use all recommended tooling to release the spring force.
- Remove bolts (13) in order to remove cover (12). Remove spring (11) and plunger (10) from cooler bypass valve (8).