Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Fuel leaked or spilled onto hot surfaces or electrical components can cause a fire. To help prevent possible injury, turn the start switch off when changing fuel filters or water separator elements. Clean up fuel spills immediately.
Note: Put identification marks on all hoses, on all hose assemblies, on all wires, and on all tube assemblies for installation purposes. Plug all hose assemblies and all tube assemblies. This helps to prevent fluid loss, and this helps to keep contaminants from entering the system.
- Open drain valve (5). Drain the fuel into a suitable container.
- Rotate locking ring (3). Remove water separator (4) .
- Rotate locking ring (1). Remove fuel filter (2) .
- Loosen clamps (7). Remove hoses (8). Remove bolts (6). Remove fuel filter base (9) .
- Install fuel filter base (9). Install bolts (6). Install hoses (8). Tighten clamps (7) .
- Install fuel filter (2). Rotate locking ring (1) .
- Install water separator (4). Rotate locking ring (3) .
- It may be necessary to use the fuel priming pump after the fuel filter has been replaced. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, SEBU7468, "Fuel System Priming Pump - Operate".