Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat® products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Drain the cooling system coolant into a suitable container for storage or disposal.
Illustration 1 g00915172
- Remove clamp (1). Disconnect hose assembly (2). Remove bolts (3) from the flange. Remove tube assembly (4).
Illustration 2 g00915174
- Remove clamp (5).
Illustration 3 g00914993
- Remove bolts (6) from flange (7).
- Install a suitable lifting device to the engine oil cooler.
Illustration 4 g00915012
- Remove mount bolts (8) from the rear of the engine oil cooler.
Illustration 5 g00915021
- Remove mount bolts (9).
Illustration 6 g00915024
- Slide the engine oil cooler out of tube assembly (10).
Illustration 7 g00916150
- Remove engine oil cooler (11). The weight of engine oil cooler (11) is approximately
95 kg (210 lb).