- Remove the after cooler. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "After Cooler - Remove and Install".
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Note: Put identification marks on all hoses, on all hose assemblies, on all wires, and on all tube assemblies for installation purposes. Plug all hose assemblies and all tube assemblies. This helps to prevent fluid loss, and this helps to keep contaminants from entering the system.
- Drain the coolant into a suitable container for storage or disposal. Refer to the Operation and Maintenance Manual.
- Disconnect tube assembly (1) .
- Disconnect elbow (2) . Disconnect tube assemblies (3) on both turbochargers.
- Disconnect harness assembly (4) .
- Remove clamp (5) .
- Remove cable straps (6) on the harness assembly for sender (7) .
- Remove sender (8) from manifold (9) .
- Attach a suitable lifting device to manifold (9) .
- Remove bolts (10) from manifold (9) .
- Remove manifold (9) . The weight of manifold (9) is approximately 227 kg (500 lb).
- Attach a suitable lifting device to manifold (9) and place manifold (9) into position. The weight of manifold (9) is approximately 227 kg (500 lb).
- Install bolts (10) into manifold (9) .
- Install sender (8) into manifold (9) .
- Connect harness assembly (4) .
- Install clamp (5) on the sender.
- Install cable straps (6) onto the harness assembly for sender (7) .
- Connect tube assemblies (3) on both turbochargers. Connect elbow (2) .
- Connect tube assembly (1) .
- Fill with coolant. Refer to the Operation and Maintenance Manual.
End By: Install the aftercooler. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Aftercooler - Remove and Install".