- Remove the air control valve (parking brake). Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Air Control Valve (Parking Brake) - Remove" for the correct procedure.
Note: Put identification marks on all hoses, on all hose assemblies, on all wires, and on all tube assemblies for installation purposes. Plug all hose assemblies and all tube assemblies. This helps to prevent fluid loss, and this helps to keep contaminants from entering the system.
Personal injury can result from being struck by parts propelled by a released spring force.
Make sure to wear all necessary protective equipment.
Follow the recommended procedure and use all recommended tooling to release the spring force.
- Remove nut (12) from nipple (6). Remove nipple (6) from valve body (5). Remove stem (7) from nipple (6). Remove O-ring seal (14) from stem (7).
- Remove bushing (2) from valve body (5).
- Remove inlet valve (9), spring (4), and spring seat (10) from valve body (5). Remove O-ring seal (3) from inlet valve (9).
- If necessary, remove elbow (1) from bushing (2). Remove elbow (11) from valve body (5).
Note: Boot (8) and nut (13) were removed when the air control valve assembly was removed from the machine.