|Required Tools    |
|Tool    ||Part Number    ||Part Description    ||Qty    |
|A    ||138-7573    ||Link Bracket    ||1    |
- Remove the fuel transfer pump. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Fuel Transfer Pump - Remove".
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Drain the coolant from the cooling system into a suitable container for storage or disposal. Refer to the Operation and Maintenance Manual.
- Disconnect harness assembly (8) .
- Remove bolts (7) from elbow (6) .
- Remove bolts (3) from the clamps.
- Remove bolts (2) and remove bracket (1) .
- Remove bolts (5) that hold housing (4) to the water pump. Remove housing (4) .
- Remove elbow (6) and tube (9) .
- Remove bolts (11) and nuts (10) . Remove guards (12) .
- Remove bolts (14) and remove the elbow and tube (13) .
- Remove bolts (15) .
- Install Tooling (A) and a suitable lifting device onto the oil pump.
- Remove bolts (16) and slide the oil pump away from the drive. Remove oil pump (17) . The weight of oil pump (17) is approximately 45 kg (100 lb).