Improper assembly of parts that are spring loaded can cause bodily injury.
To prevent possible injury, follow the established assembly procedure and wear protective equipment.
Note: Verify that all of the components of the air control valve (parking brake) are clean and free of foreign material prior to installation.
Note: Check all of the components for wear or for damage and check all of the O-ring seals for wear or for damage. Replace the components, if necessary. Lubricate the O-ring seals lightly with the lubricant that is being sealed.
- Install spring seat (10), spring (4), inlet valve (9), and O-ring seal (3) in valve body (5).
- Install elbow (1) on bushing (2).
- Hold elbow (1) and air valve body (6) firmly during installation. Install bushing (2) to valve body (5).
- Install O-ring seal (14) to stem (7).
- Install stem (7) in nipple (6).
- Install nipple (7) to the valve body (5).
- Install elbow (11).
- Install nut (12) to nipple (7).
Note: Install nut (13) in order to secure the air control valve assembly to the machine. Install boot (8) to the air control valve assembly.
- Install the air control valve (parking brake). Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Air Control Valve (Parking Brake) - Install" for the correct procedure.