Water pumps may leak as a result of damaged face seals. Relative movement between the shaft and the housing may allow the drive shaft to contact the face seal in the water pump. If contact occurs, the face seal will be damaged, and very early hour failures can result.
- Refer to Special Instruction , REHS9244 for proper water pump handling procedures prior to installation.
Note: Check the O-ring seals, the gaskets, and the seals for wear or for damage. Replace the components, if necessary.
Illustration 1 g01052231
- Using a suitable lifting device, install water pump (9). The weight of the water pump is approximately
27 kg (60 lb). Install bolts (8). Illustration 2 g00917502
- Install bolts (7).
Illustration 3 g00917475
- Install housing (6) and install bolts (5).
Illustration 4 g01052229
- Install tube assembly (3) and install bolts into elbow (1).
- Install bolts (4).
- Install clamp (2).
- Fill the cooling system. For the proper procedure and coolant to use, see the Operation and Maintenance Manual.