|Required Tools    |
|Tool    ||Part Number    ||Part Description    ||Qty    |
|A    ||185-3630    ||Strap Wrench As    ||1    |
|ZZ    ||6V-9508    ||Face Seal Plug    ||1    |
|6V-9829||Cap As    ||1    |
|6V-9507||Face Seal Plug    ||1    |
|6V-9828||Cap As    ||1    |
Note: SERVICE DATA: TOOLING (ZZ) WILL NOT BE IDENTIFIED IN PHOTOGRAPHS IN THE REMOVAL OR THE INSTALLATION. THIS TOOLING IS SHOWN IN ORDER TO ASSIST THE EXPERIENCED SERVICEMAN.
Note: Cleanliness is an important factor. Before the disassembly procedure, the exterior of the component should be thoroughly cleaned. This will help to prevent dirt from entering the internal mechanism.
Note: Put identification marks on all lines, on all hoses, on all wires, and on all tubes for installation purposes. Plug all lines, hoses, and tubes. This helps to prevent fluid loss and this helps to keep contaminants from entering the system.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Use Tooling (A) in order to remove fuel filter (5). Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Fuel System Secondary Filter - Replace" for the correct procedure.
- Remove bolts (4). Remove fuel priming pump (2) and the adapter.
- Disconnect harness assemblies (1) .
- Disconnect hose assemblies (3) .
- Remove bolts (6) and remove fuel filter base (7) .
Note: Cleanliness is an important factor. Before assembly, all parts should be thoroughly cleaned in cleaning fluid. Allow the parts to air dry. Wiping cloths or rags should not be used to dry parts. Lint may be deposited on the parts which may cause later trouble. Inspect all parts. If any parts are worn or damaged, use new parts for replacement.
- Install fuel filter base (7) and install bolts (6) .
- Connect hose assemblies (3) .
- Connect harness assemblies (1) .
- Install fuel priming pump (2) and the adapter. Install bolts (4) .
- Install fuel filter (5). Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Fuel System Secondary Filter - Replace" for the correct procedure.